Attention! Watch this item to be notified when:
– the price of this item drops by 10% or more
– another user makes an offer on this item
– if the item is ever re-listed
*PICTURES ARE OF THE ACTUAL GUITAR!*
Weight: 4lbs 14oz
Part of Taylors inaugural class of Grand Pacific guitars, the Builders Edition 717e builds on a long tradition of rosewood/spruce dreadnoughts but breaks new ground with an entirely new Taylor sound.
The round-shoulder dreadnought shape, featuring Taylors award-winning V-Class bracing, produces warm, seasoned acoustic tone in which individual notes overlap and blend smoothly together, while the low-end power common among dreadnoughts boasts greater clarity here. V-Class brings extra punch and sustain, along with improved intonation and musicality across the entire frequency spectrum.
Together with rosewoods harmonic complexity and the played-in sound of the torrefied spruce top, players can expect rich, luxurious tonal character from top to bottom. Its a voice comfortably rooted in a traditional sound, yet updated to offer more expressive musical range.
As a Builders Edition model, the 717e also sports an array of premium, player-friendly features: chamfered body edges, rolled fretboard edges, and a new compound-carve neck profile, whose contours match the natural adjustments in the players hand position when moving up and down the fretboard. Even the bridge design was refined to add a more ergonomic feel for the players pick hand. Taylors noise-reducing Silent Satin finish displays the muted sheen of an older guitar, while elegantly understated appointments include mother-of-pearl Arrowhead fretboard and peghead inlays, with sapele binding. This edition also features our stage-ready ES2 electronics.
- Shape Grand Pacific
- Top Wood Sitka Spruce
- Body Wood Indian Rosewood
- Electronics Expression System 2
- Nut & Saddle Black Graphite, Micarta saddle
- Scale Length 25-1/2″
- Bracing V-Class
- Truss Rod Cover West African Ebony
- Pickguard None
- Number of Frets 20
- Tuners Taylor Nickel
- Case Taylor Deluxe Hardshell-Western Floral
- Brand of Strings Elixir Phosphor Bronze Medium
- Body Length 20
- Body Width 16
- Body Depth 4 5/8″
- Binding/Edge Treatment Sapele
- Top Finish Silent Satin
- Back Config 2-piece No Wedge
- Backstrap Finish None
- Rosette Size Single Ring
- Bridge Inlay None
- Back/Side Finish Silent Satin
- Armrest Binding None
- Backstrap Wood None
- Rosette Mat. Black Sapele/Maple
- Stain/Sunburst Wild Honey Burst Top
- Wedge None
- Armrest no
- Neck Width 1-3/4″
- Fretboard Inlay Arrowheads, Mother of Pearl
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment West African Ebony
- Heel Cap Binding West African Ebony
- Type of Neck Joint Scarf
- Neck/Heel Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood West African Ebony
- Neck Finish Satin
- Heel Length 3-1/2″
- Peghead Finish Satin
- Peghead Binding None
- Peghead Type Standard
- Peghead Purfling None
- Headstock Overlay West African Ebony
- Peghead Inlay Arrowheads, Mother of Pearl
- Peghead Logo Taylor Mother of Pearl
- Bridge Pins West African Ebony
- Buttons Nickel
- Fingerboard Ext None
- Edge Trim None
Why buy from Melody Music Shop, LLC?
Located in Bloomington, Indiana, Melody Music Shop strives to maintain a diverse, high quality inventory along with exceptional customer service. We carry a wide range of instruments and accessories, including new and used guitars, band and orchestral instruments, pianos, amps, sound systems, and so much more!
With certified technicians on staff and a century + of experience between them all, you can rest assured any instrument you purchase from Melody Music Shop LLC is in the best condition possible! Our ENTIRE STORE is maintained at 50% humidity year round per manufacturers stringent requirements. All items will be packaged carefully to ensure their safe arrival. Guitars will have their string tension lowered and packaged to manufacture specs or better. Melody Music Shop LLC guarantees quality products, fast shipping, and top-notch customer service!
Please contact us if you have any questions!
Layaway is an option!
- Layaway items require an initial down payment of 25%.
- Layaway items can be held here for up to 90 days.
- A payment of 25% (or more) is due on the 30th, 60th, and 90th day from the layaway start date (although payments may be made before the scheduled due date).
- The item will ship immediately following payment in full, which may be before the 90 day layaway period.
- There are no returns on layaway items. There are no refunds of payments towards a layaway item.
- Please contact us with any further questions regarding our layaway policy!
Items purchased from our store will ship out within 1 business day of receiving payment. FedEX Ground or Home Delivery, fully insured, will be used for shipping instruments and large items. Items over $200 will require a signature. Accessories and other small items will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail.
We accept PayPal and will only ship to confirmed ship-to addresses listed on the PayPal account.
We accept Visa, Discover, Mastercard, and American Express. The shipping and billing address must match in order for us to ship the item to that address.
Payments via Reverb are safe and secure too!
Thank you for looking 🙂