– the price of this item drops by 10% or more
– another user makes an offer on this item
– if the item is ever re-listed
*PICTURES ARE OF THE ACTUAL GUITAR!*
Weight: 5lbs, 1.6oz
The modern approach to acoustic guitar tradition has long been Ibanez’s catchphrase for the Artwood series. Artwood Vintage steps even further back in history and borrows the best features of highly desired vintage instruments.
The Artwood Vintage series now showcases another vintage element by applying an aging process to the tonewood ”Thermo Aged” tone wood, made by a special drying process at a high temperature which is commonly known as baking or torrefaction. Only choice selected and seasoned tone wood can be cured to Thermo Aged wood. The wood is heated in a vacuum with a specific recipe for each kind of the wood in order to release water and decompose resin contained within the wood. As a result, Thermo Aged tone wood becomes light, hard and stable like tone wood dried for decades, while providing amazing response and a louder sound. The tone character includes a full-bodied low-end and a great smooth sustain in the treble strings which are common features of vintage guitars.
The AVCB9CE features Thermo Aged tonewood with Solid Sitka Spruce on the top, Spruce bracing, and a Maple bridge plate. Its compact Grand Concert body provides comfortable playability with a 32 scale length. With its combination of Thermo Aged materials, it projects a clear and remarkably well-balanced tone from high to low.
The Fishman Sonicore pickup and Ibanez AEQ-SP2 preamp with a 2-band EQ let you enjoy the same great acoustic tone plugged in on stage. A bone nut and saddle are chosen for its ability to transfer the string vibration naturally.
- Shape: Info not available
- Wood: Mahogany
- Neck joint: Set
- Scale length: 32″
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Gloss
- Active or passive pickups: Active
- Pickup configuration: S
- Neck: Not applicable
- Middle: Sonicore
- Bridge: Not applicable
- Brand: Fishman
- Series or parallel: Info not available
- Active preamp: Yes
- Special electronics: Not applicable
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: Info not available
- Fret size: Info not available
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut material: Bone
- Nut width: 1.69″ (43mm)
- Neck width at 12 fret: Info not available
- Cutaway: Single cutaway
- Construction: Hollowbody
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Top wood: Sitka spruce
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Master volume, 2-band EQ
- Pickup switch: No
- Coil tap or split: No
- Tone switching: No
- Special switching: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Standard
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Die-cast
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 4
- Pickguard: Yes
- Special features: Built-in tuner
- Case: Sold separately
Why buy from Melody Music Shop, LLC?
With certified technicians on staff and a century + of experience between them all, you can rest assured any instrument you purchase from Melody Music Shop LLC is in the best condition possible! Our ENTIRE STORE is maintained at 50% humidity year round per manufacturers stringent requirements. All items will be packaged carefully to ensure their safe arrival. Guitars will have their string tension lowered and packaged to manufacture specs or better. Melody Music Shop LLC guarantees quality products, fast shipping, and top-notch customer service!
Please contact us if you have any questions!
Layaway is an option!
- Layaway items require an initial down payment of 25%.
- Layaway items can be held here for up to 90 days.
- There are no returns on layaway items. There are no refunds of payments towards a layaway item.
- Please contact us with any further questions regarding our layaway policy!
We accept PayPal and will only ship to confirmed ship-to addresses listed on the PayPal account.
Payments via Reverb are safe and secure too!
Thank you for looking 🙂