– the price of this item drops by 10% or more
– another user makes an offer on this item
– if the item is ever re-listed
Founded in Chicago when Frank Holton opened a small instrument shop in 1898, The Frank Holton & Co. grew to one of the most influential instrument manufacturers in the first half of the twentieth century in the US. Today, the tradition continues with high quality trumpets, flugelhorns, and trombones being hand-crafted in Elkhart, Indiana, and in Eastlake, Ohio.
The Holton TR181 inline independent double rotor bass trombone has the reputation of having established the true bass trombone sound. The 10″ red brass bell has been styled to maintain a consistent, warm timbre at low and high dynamic levels. The unique G/Gb attachment can be reconfigured to the player’s taste for setting up low C and B natural when desired. The bore design assures proper reinforcement of the lower partials. The chrome plated nickel silver inner handslide tubes provide the ideal surface for smooth and quick handslide action. The clear lacquer finish adds a subtle warmth to the sound overall. The Holton TR181 professional bass trombone is ideal for both symphonic and solo performance. Available in silver-plate finish as model TR181S.
- .562″ bore
- Key of Bb/F/Gb/D, G/Eb
- 10″ rose brass bell
- Double in-line independent rotor
- Traditional wrap valve sections with traditional rotors
- Nickel silver out slide
- Clear lacquer finish
- Holton 1-1/2G mouthpiece
- CTR181 woodshell case
Why buy from Melody Music Shop, LLC?
With certified technicians on staff and a century + of experience between them all, you can rest assured any instrument you purchase from Melody Music Shop LLC is in the best condition possible! Our ENTIRE STORE is maintained at 50% humidity year round per manufacturers stringent requirements. All items will be packaged carefully to ensure their safe arrival. Guitars will have their string tension lowered and packaged to manufacture specs or better. Melody Music Shop LLC guarantees quality products, fast shipping, and top-notch customer service!
Please contact us if you have any questions!
Layaway is an option!
- Layaway items require an initial down payment of 25%.
- Layaway items can be held here for up to 90 days.
- A payment of 25% (or more) is due on the 30th, 60th, and 90th day from the layaway start date (although payments may be made before the scheduled due date).
- There are no returns on layaway items. There are no refunds of payments towards a layaway item.
- Please contact us with any further questions regarding our layaway policy!
We accept PayPal and will only ship to confirmed ship-to addresses listed on the PayPal account.
Payments via Reverb are safe and secure too!
Thank you for looking 🙂