Attention! Watch this item to be notified when:
– the price of this item drops by 10% or more
– another user makes an offer on this item
– if the item is ever re-listed
*PICTURES ARE OF THE ACTUAL GUITAR!*
Weight: 8lbs 5.4oz
John 5 is a self-described “Fender fanatic” with a jaw-dropping collection of his favorite instrument, the Telecaster”the greatest guitars ever built, by far,” in his words. His Squier signature model, the J5 Telecaster, is a double-bound beauty based on his oft-modded workhorse Telecaster that appears on his myriad recordings. Eye-catching and thick-sounding, this is a beast of a guitar.
- Black with chrome hardware or Frost Gold with gold hardware
- Modern “C”-shaped neck profile
- Custom-designed humbucking pickups
- Special dual-volume control setup
- Matching headstock
- Double-bound body
WHITE DOUBLE BINDING
For an especially refined look, the J5 Telecaster features elegant white binding on the top and bottom of its toneful alder body.
THREE-WAY PICKUP SWITCH
The three-way pickup switch mounted on the upper bout of the J5 Telecaster selects between bridge pickup alone, both pickups at once or neck pickup alone for a wealth of tonal variation.
MODERN NECK WITH “C”-SHAPED PROFILE
This instrument features a modern neck designed for comfort and performance, with a contemporary “C”-shaped profile (the shape of the neck in cross section) and a smooth back finishideal for those who play with the thumb on the back or side of the neck.
- Body MaterialAlder
- Body ShapeTelecaster
- Body FinishGloss Polyester
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck FinishGloss Polyester
- Neck ShapeModern “C”
- Scale Length25.5″ (648 mm)
- Fingerboard MaterialIndian Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius12″ (305 mm)
- Number of Frets22
- Fret SizeMedium Jumbo
- Nut MaterialSynthetic Bone
- Nut Width1.650″ (42 mm)
- Position InlaysPearloid Dots
- Truss RodStandard
- Bridge PickupCustom Humbucking with Ceramic Magnet
- Neck PickupCustom Humbucking with Alnico 5 Magnets
- ControlsVolume 1. (Bridge Pickup), Volume 2. (Neck Pickup)
- Switching3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Bridge6-Saddle Tele with Humbucking Pickup Cutout
- Hardware FinishChrome/Stainless Steel
- Tuning MachinesStandard Die-Cast
- Pickguard1-Ply Gold Mirror
- Control KnobsKnurled Flat-Top Gold
- Switch TipBlack
- Neck Plate4-Bolt Standard
- StringsFender USA 250L, NPS (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Other FeaturesMatching Black Painted Headstock, Bound Top and Back, Silver Squier Decal, Toggle Switch Mounted on Upper Bout, Chrome Switch Tip, No Tone Control, Neck and Bridge Volume Controls are in Opposite Orientation, White Pearloid Dot Position Inlays, Narrow Dot Spacing, Synthetic Bone Nut
- Legal NoticeWARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm – www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Case/Gig BagNone
- Included AccessoriesNone
Why buy from Melody Music Shop, LLC?
Located in Bloomington, Indiana, Melody Music Shop strives to maintain a diverse, high quality inventory along with exceptional customer service. We carry a wide range of instruments and accessories, including new and used guitars, band and orchestral instruments, pianos, amps, sound systems, and so much more!
With certified technicians on staff and a century + of experience between them all, you can rest assured any instrument you purchase from Melody Music Shop LLC is in the best condition possible! Our ENTIRE STORE is maintained at 50% humidity year round per manufacturer’s stringent requirements. All items will be packaged carefully to ensure their safe arrival. Guitars will have their string tension lowered and packaged to manufacture specs or better. Melody Music Shop LLC guarantees quality products, fast shipping, and top-notch customer service!
Please contact us if you have any questions!
Layaway is an option!
- Layaway items require an initial down payment of 25%.
- Layaway items can be held here for up to 90 days.
- A payment of 25% (or more) is due on the 30th, 60th, and 90th day from the layaway start date (although payments may be made before the scheduled due date).
- The item will ship immediately following payment in full, which may be before the 90 day layaway period.
- There are no returns on layaway items. There are no refunds of payments towards a layaway item.
- Please contact us with any further questions regarding our layaway policy!
Items purchased from our store will ship out within 1 business day of receiving payment. FedEX Ground or Home Delivery, fully insured, will be used for shipping instruments and large items. Items over $200 will require a signature. Accessories and other small items will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail.
We accept PayPal and will only ship to confirmed ship-to addresses listed on the PayPal account.
We accept Visa, Discover, Mastercard, and American Express. The shipping and billing address must match in order for us to ship the item to that address.
Payments via Reverb are safe and secure too!
Thank you for looking 🙂