Attention! Watch this item to be notified when:
– the price of this item drops by 10% or more
– another user makes an offer on this item
– if the item is ever re-listed
DETAILED ERIC JOHNSON STRAT® STYLE
Any guitarist who marvels at the breathtaking sonic artistry and peerlessly pure tone of Texas Strat® virtuoso Eric Johnson will also marvel at the Eric Johnson Stratocaster Maple guitar. Johnson is famously meticulous in crafting his tone, and every facet of the guitar is designed to Johnson’s own detailed specs, from the specially voiced pickups to the extra-contoured neck and body to the distinctive tremolo assembly and much more. A refined signature model honoring one of modern music’s finest Strat masters.
- Light two-piece alder body with deep 1957-style body contours and cavities
- One-piece vintage-tint quartersawn maple neck (contours sanded very smooth) with ’57-style “soft V” contour
- 12”-radius maple fingerboard with 21 medium jumbo frets
- Specially voiced Eric Johnson single-coil pickups with countersunk screws and five-way switching
- Vintage-style tremolo with silver-painted block,’57-style string recess, no paint between base plate and block, and five springs (no tremolo cover)
- Master volume, neck tone and bridge tone controls
NITROCELLULOSE LACQUER FINISH
Nitrocellulose lacquer is one of the great original-era Fender electric guitar finishes, and is still used today on select instruments. Thin, porous and delicate, it’s a premium finish prized for sonic qualities that let body woods breathe with their true tonal character, and for an appearance that ages and wears in a distinctive way appealing to many players.
QUARTERSAWN NECK WITH “V” PROFILE
The neck of Johnson’s finely crafted signature Strat is fashioned from extra-strong quartersawn maple, with a sharper 1950s-style “V” profile (the shape of the neck in cross section) ideal for players with larger hands whose thumb extends over the edge of the fingerboard.
SPECIAL ERIC JOHNSON PICKUPS
Eric Johnson is known for being meticulous about tone, and the sound of his signature Stratocaster comes from three specially voiced Eric Johnson single-coil pickups with countersunk mounting screws.
12″ FINGERBOARD RADIUS
This instrument features a fingerboard radius (the amount of curvature across the width of the fingerboard) that, at 12″, is substantially more flattened than both a vintage-style 7.25″ radius and a modern 9.5″ radius. Feels notably flat even though there’s still slight curvature, and is great for bending notes without fretting out.
STAGGERED VINTAGE-STYLE TUNERS
These tuners have a cool vintage-style look and are height-staggered in pairs, with posts that get progressively shorter from the low strings to the high strings. This creates optimal string break angles from the nut to the tuners, with no consequent need for string trees.
NO BACK TREMOLO COVER/SCREW HOLES
According to Johnson’s own specs, his signature Stratocaster has no tremolo cavity cover on the back and no screw holes for one.
- Body Material Alder
- Body Finish Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape Stratocaster®
- Neck Material 1-Piece Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Finish Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape Soft “V”
- Scale Length 25.5″ (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Material Maple
- Fingerboard Radius 12″ (305 mm)
- Number of Frets 21
- Fret Size Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material Bone
- Nut Width 1.650″ (42 mm)
- Position Inlays Black Dot
- Truss Rod Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- Bridge Pickup Specially Voiced Eric Johnson Single-Coil with Countersunk Mounting Screws
- Middle Pickup Specially Voiced Eric Johnson Single-Coil with Countersunk Mounting Screws
- Neck Pickup Specially Voiced Eric Johnson Single-Coil with Countersunk Mounting Screws
- Controls Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Switching 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Configuration SSS
- Bridge 6-Saddle American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Hardware Finish Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines Vintage-Style Staggered
- Pickguard 1-Ply Parchment
- Control Knobs Parchment Plastic
- Switch Tip Parchment
- Neck Plate 4-Bolt Custom
- Strings Fender® USA 250R, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Other Features 12″ Radius Fingerboard, Countersunk Holes in Pickguard for Pickup Mounting Screws, Height Staggered Vintage Style Tuners which Eliminate the Need for String Trees, Vintage Tremolo with Silver Painted Block and ’57 Style String Recess (No Paint Between Base Plate and Block), 5 Tremolo Springs and No Back Tremolo Cover Plate
- Legal Notice Product Prices, Features, Specifications and Availability Are Subject To Change Without Notice
- Case/Gig Bag Deluxe Blonde Hardshell with Black Ends (Black Interior)
- Included Accessories Deluxe Blonde Hardshell Case with Black Ends (Black Interior), Strap, Cable, “Ash Tray” Bridge Cover
Why buy from Melody Music Shop, LLC?
Located in Bloomington, Indiana, Melody Music Shop strives to maintain a diverse, high quality inventory along with exceptional customer service. We carry a wide range of instruments and accessories, including new and used guitars, band and orchestral instruments, pianos, amps, sound systems, and so much more!
With certified technicians on staff and a century + of experience between them all, you can rest assured any instrument you purchase from Melody Music Shop LLC is in the best condition possible! Our ENTIRE STORE is maintained at 50% humidity year round per manufacturer’s stringent requirements. All items will be packaged carefully to ensure their safe arrival. Guitars will have their string tension lowered and packaged to manufacture specs or better. Melody Music Shop LLC guarantees quality products, fast shipping, and top-notch customer service!
Please contact us if you have any questions!
Layaway is an option!
- Layaway items require an initial down payment of 25%.
- Layaway items can be held here for up to 90 days.
- A payment of 25% (or more) is due on the 30th, 60th, and 90th day from the layaway start date (although payments may be made before the scheduled due date).
- The item will ship immediately following payment in full, which may be before the 90 day layaway period.
- There are no returns on layaway items. There are no refunds of payments towards a layaway item.
- Please contact us with any further questions regarding our layaway policy!
Items purchased from our store will ship out within 1 business day of receiving payment. FedEX Ground or Home Delivery, fully insured, will be used for shipping instruments and large items. Items over $200 will require a signature. Accessories and other small items will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail.
We accept PayPal and will only ship to confirmed ship-to addresses listed on the PayPal account.
We accept Visa, Discover, Mastercard, and American Express. The shipping and billing address must match in order for us to ship the item to that address.
Payments via Reverb are safe and secure too!
Thank you for looking 🙂