Attention! Watch this item to be notified when:
– the price of this item drops by 10% or more
– another user makes an offer on this item
– if the item is ever re-listed
Old world heritage
From its humble 19th Century beginnings in Greece with founder Anastasios Stathopoulo, he and his sons took the turn-of-the-century Manhattan family luthier business into a world-renown fretted instrument maker and innovator. In fact, some of the original "A. Stathopoulo" round-back mandolins are some of the most prized, rare vintage mandolins in existence. In the late 50's, another famous fretted instrument company known for mandolins, Gibson, purchased Epiphone and assured the continuance of the family mandolin legacy.
The Epiphone MM-30S is an easily recognized "A" style or "teardrop" mandolin, expertly constructed with a Mahogany body and set, Mahogany neck, providing warm acoustic tone. The "bite" if the mandolin's sound is from its Solid Spruce top, which will only sound better as it matures, as the wood fibres continue to contract and surplus moisture content eveporates. It also features the traditional floating Rosewood bridge, Rosewood fingerboard, Gold hardware and Tortoise pickguard emblazoned with the iconic Epiphone "E" and comes in Antique Sunburst finish. It is also available with a built-in bridge piezo pickup as the MM-30E.
Backed by the best
The solid-top MM-30S mandolin is protected by the Epiphone Lifetime Limited Warranty featuring Gibson 24/7/360 Customer Service and guarantees the instrument against defects in materials or workmanship. Case sold separately.
- Body material: mahogany
- Top material: solid spuce
- Neck material: mahogany
- Neck shape: traditional
- Neck joint: glued-in, set neck
- Scale length: 14"
- Fingerboard material: rosewood
- Fingerboard radius: flat
- Nut width: 1.06"
- Hardware: gold
- Machine heads: vintage-style open
- Bridge: adjustable floating rosewood
- Tailpiece: gold mandolin
- Other: tortoise pickguard
Why buy from Melody Music Shop, LLC?
Located in Bloomington, Indiana, Melody Music Shop strives to maintain a diverse, high quality inventory along with exceptional customer service. We carry a wide range of instruments and accessories, including new and used guitars, band and orchestral instruments, pianos, amps, sound systems, and so much more!
With certified technicians on staff and a century + of experience between them all, you can rest assured any instrument you purchase from Melody Music Shop LLC is in the best condition possible! Our ENTIRE STORE is maintained at 50% humidity year round per manufacturers stringent requirements. All items will be packaged carefully to ensure their safe arrival. Guitars will have their string tension lowered and packaged to manufacture specs or better. Melody Music Shop LLC guarantees quality products, fast shipping, and top-notch customer service!
Please contact us if you have any questions!
Layaway is an option!
- Layaway items require an initial down payment of 25%.
- Layaway items can be held here for up to 90 days.
- A payment of 25% (or more) is due on the 30th, 60th, and 90th day from the layaway start date (although payments may be made before the scheduled due date).
- The item will ship immediately following payment in full, which may be before the 90 day layaway period.
- There are no returns on layaway items. There are no refunds of payments towards a layaway item.
- Please contact us with any further questions regarding our layaway policy!
Items purchased from our store will ship out within 1 business day of receiving payment. FedEX Ground or Home Delivery, fully insured, will be used for shipping instruments and large items. Items over $200 will require a signature. Accessories and other small items will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail.
We accept PayPal and will only ship to confirmed ship-to addresses listed on the PayPal account.
We accept Visa, Discover, Mastercard, and American Express. The shipping and billing address must match in order for us to ship the item to that address.
Payments via Reverb are safe and secure too!
Thank you for looking 🙂