Attention! Watch this item to be notified when:
– the price of this item drops by 10% or more
– another user makes an offer on this item
– if the item is ever re-listed
*PICTURES ARE OF THE ACTUAL GUITAR!*
Weight: 4lbs 4.3oz
Designed and built with beginner guitar players in mind, the Academy Series 10 combines the full-bodied tone and response of the classic dreadnought shape with Taylor’s standards of comfort and playability. Our trademark neck, devised as a more practical take on the traditional guitar neck, makes it easier to fret strings, hold chords, and bend notes, thanks to a slimmer profile and the slightly shorter 24-7/8-inch scale length of the Academy Series. Plus, the Academy 10 ships with one of our most premium features: an armrest, which provides a more comfortable fit for players who are just learning how to manage the larger body of an acoustic guitar. With a solid spruce top and layered sapele back and sides, the dreadnought shape of the Academy 10 produces a warm sound with a strong low end and clear, ringing high tones, smoothened out by the punchy midrange of layered sapele. Between its rich sound and a comfortable shape built to invite inspiration, the Academy 10 provides a perfect solution for beginner players or those looking to buy on a budget.
- Scale Length – 24-7/8″
- Nut & Saddle – Nubone Nut/Micarta Saddle
- Bracing – Academy Series
- Truss Rod Cover – Black Plastic
- Pickguard – None
- Number of Frets – 20
- Tuners – Die-Cast Chrome
- Case – Gig Bag
- Brand of Strings – Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Body Length – 20″
- Body Width – 16″
- Body Depth – 4 5/8″
- Binding/Edge Treatment – None
- Top Finish – Varnish
- Back Config – Layered
- Backstrap Finish – None
- Rosette Size – Three Ring
- Bridge Inlay – None
- Back/Side Finish – Varnish
- Armrest Binding – None
- Backstrap Wood – None
- Rosette Mat. – Baltic Birch
- Stain/Sunburst – None
- Wedge – None
- Armrest – yes
- Neck Width – 1-11/16″
- Fretboard Inlay – 4mm Dot Italian Acrylic
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment – None
- Heel Cap Binding – None
- Type of Neck Joint – Taylor Neck
- Neck/Heel – Hard Rock Maple
- Fretboard Wood – West African Ebony
- Neck Finish – Varnish
- Heel Length – 3-1/2″
- Peghead Finish – None
- Peghead Binding – None
- Peghead Type – Standard
- Peghead Purfling – None
- Headstock Overlay – Copafera
- Peghead Inlay – None
- Peghead Logo – Printed on Headstock Overlay
- Bridge Pins – Black Polycarbonate
- Buttons – Chrome
- Fingerboard Ext – None
- Edge Trim – None
Why buy from Melody Music Shop, LLC?
Located in Bloomington, Indiana, Melody Music Shop strives to maintain a diverse, high quality inventory along with exceptional customer service. We carry a wide range of instruments and accessories, including new and used guitars, band and orchestral instruments, pianos, amps, sound systems, and so much more!
With certified technicians on staff and a century + of experience between them all, you can rest assured any instrument you purchase from Melody Music Shop LLC is in the best condition possible! Our ENTIRE STORE is maintained at 50% humidity year round per manufacturers stringent requirements. All items will be packaged carefully to ensure their safe arrival. Guitars will have their string tension lowered and packaged to manufacture specs or better. Melody Music Shop LLC guarantees quality products, fast shipping, and top-notch customer service!
Please contact us if you have any questions!
Layaway is an option!
- Layaway items require an initial down payment of 25%.
- Layaway items can be held here for up to 90 days.
- A payment of 25% (or more) is due on the 30th, 60th, and 90th day from the layaway start date (although payments may be made before the scheduled due date).
- The item will ship immediately following payment in full, which may be before the 90 day layaway period.
- There are no returns on layaway items. There are no refunds of payments towards a layaway item.
- Please contact us with any further questions regarding our layaway policy!
Items purchased from our store will ship out within 1 business day of receiving payment. FedEX Ground or Home Delivery, fully insured, will be used for shipping instruments and large items. Items over $200 will require a signature. Accessories and other small items will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail.
We accept PayPal and will only ship to confirmed ship-to addresses listed on the PayPal account.
We accept Visa, Discover, Mastercard, and American Express. The shipping and billing address must match in order for us to ship the item to that address.
Payments via Reverb are safe and secure too!
Thank you for looking 🙂