There are no products in your cart. Perhaps the item you chose is sold out.
Darkglass Microtubes 900v2 Ltd Ed Medusa 900W Bass Head
With enhanced durability, improved equalizer, studio-grade compression, impulse response cabinet emulation, and MIDI control, the Microtubes 900 v2 features all the options the modern, professional bassist needs in a compact, sleek, and loud format.
Illustrated by the amazing artist Christopher Lovell, "Euryale" is one of the most epic, dark artwork we have seen in the past few years.
Front Panel Features
Use this jack to connect your instrument via a standard ¼” mono cable.
Use this push-button switch to change from passive to active mode. If your bass is active it can have a hotter signal making the amp to distort early (feel free to use if such additional distortion is desired).
Use this push button to turn on or off the Microtubes Engine to add natural compression, organic harmonic enhancement, and saturation ranging from mild overdrive to high gain bass rage.
The Microtubes Engine operates before the clean section (you can therefore use the 6 Band Active EQ for additional tone shaping in addition to the Tone knob described below).
This knob controls the amount of dynamic compression added to the Microtubes Engine.
The make up gain is adjusted automatically. The compression can be turn off or assigned using the Darkglass Suite.
This knob controls the amount of distortion that the Microtubes Engine will deliver. It will change from a soft warm overdrive to a massive modern distortion sound.
This knob controls the high harmonic content of the Microtubes Engine via a variable low pass filter: crank it up for additional attack and definition or dim it down for a smoother sound, especially handy if already running bright clean EQ setting or cabinets with tweeters.
Use this knob to control Microtubes Engine’s output volume.
Use this knob to mix between the Clean signal and the Distortion signal (Microtubes Engine).
This push-button switch selects between two overdrive voicings: B3K mode will deliver an aggressive, percussive sound while the VMT will bring up the mids for a warmer, more neutral character.
Use this knob to change the volume of the signal before the Active 6 Band EQ. You can set it low for ensuring the cleanest operation possible or set it higher for more aggressive growl.
+-12dB at 80Hz. Use this knob to change the low content of the signal.
+-12dB at 250, 500,1.5K and 3Khz. This graphic eq control the mid content of the signal.
+-12dB at 5kHz. Use this knob to change the high content of the signal.
Use this knob to control the overall volume of the amplifier.
Use this push button to mute the amplifier.
· No user serviceable parts inside the amplifier. Do not open the amp.
· Never use the amp at a high moisture environment or near liquids.
· The Microtubes 900v2 can deliver more than 115 dB of power. Exposure to this level of sound can damage your hearing. Use proper hearing protection if you will be exposed.
· The Microtubes 900v2 can deliver more than 900 Watts. Be sure that your speaker cabinet is able to deliver that power. You can reduce the output of the amp by selecting the 2Ω mode on the rear panel (by the SpeakON output jack).
· Do not cover the vent holes. The Fan and vent holes are part of the cooling system of the amp. Covering the vent holes can damage the power amp by overheating it.
· Don’t use an instrument cable as speaker cable. An instrument cable is not designed to deliver the type of power signals sent from the amplifier to the speaker.
Back Panel Features
Connects the amplifier to your cabinet. This Speakon combo jack allows for either Speakon or ¼” speaker cable operation.
*WARNING: Do not use an instrument cable with this jack. Using an instrument cable can damage your amplifier.
Press when using a 2Ω load. You can use this control to lower the output if your 4Ω cabinet is not able to handle more than 500W (you can also get 350W with an 8Ω cabinet in this configuration).
Pre Amp Out
This output connects the preamp to a different power amp.
Power Amp In
This output connects the preamp to a different power amp.
Selects what signal will be delivered by the DI output. Selecting PRE, sends a clean copy of your input bass signal. Selecting POST delivers a signal processed by the preamp of the amp (gain, distortion, eq, master, etc.)
Lifts the ground of the DI XLR output. If a ground noise in you DI signal is experienced, try changing the setting of this control.
Connects the Microtubes 900™ preamplifier to balanced equipment (mic preamp, console, recorder, compressor, audio interface, etc.) via a standard XLR jack.
The Footswitch allows you to remotely engage and disengage the Microtubes Engine. Hold the footswitch to Mute the amplifier. The VMT/B3K push button will remain operational with the Intelligent Footswitch plugged in.
* Use a regular mono instrument cable to connect the amplifier to the footswitch.
* Remove the cable from the footswitch jack in the rear panel if you want to control the amp from the front panel.
* The Microtubes 900™ will only work with our proprietary Intelligent Footswitch (included with the amplifier). A generic Footswitch will not work with the Microtubes 900.
Connects the power cord to the amplifier.
AC Power ON/OFF
Turns the amplifier on or off.
Why buy from Melody Music Shop, LLC?
Located in Bloomington, Indiana, Melody Music Shop strives to maintain a diverse, high quality inventory along with exceptional customer service. We carry a wide range of instruments and accessories, including new and used guitars, band and orchestral instruments, pianos, amps, sound systems, and so much more!
With certified technicians on staff and a century + of experience between them all, you can rest assured any instrument you purchase from Melody Music Shop LLC is in the best condition possible! Our ENTIRE STORE is maintained at 50% humidity year round per manufacturer’s stringent requirements. All items will be packaged carefully to ensure their safe arrival. Guitars will have their string tension lowered and packaged to manufacture specs or better. Melody Music Shop LLC guarantees quality products, fast shipping, and top-notch customer service!
Please contact us if you have any questions!
Layaway is an option!
- Layaway items require an initial down payment of 25%.
- Layaway items can be held here for up to 90 days.
- A payment of 25% (or more) is due on the 30th, 60th, and 90th day from the layaway start date (although payments may be made before the scheduled due date).
- The item will ship immediately following payment in full, which may be before the 90 day layaway period.
- There are no returns on layaway items. There are no refunds of payments towards a layaway item.
- Please contact us with any further questions regarding our layaway policy!
Items purchased from our store will ship out within 1 business day of receiving payment. FedEX Ground or Home Delivery, fully insured, will be used for shipping instruments and large items. Items over $200 will require a signature. Accessories and other small items will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail.
We accept PayPal and will only ship to confirmed ship-to addresses listed on the PayPal account.Credit Cards
We accept Visa, Discover, Mastercard, and American Express. The shipping and billing address must match in order for us to ship the item to that address.Payments via Reverb are safe and secure too!
Thank you for looking :)